BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

A Suffered Wound


The hero (me) has suffered a wound from which I have never recovered. The wound in my case is not exactly a wound of the body, it is an emotional wound. A wound that opened when I was young and has not completely healed and I don't think that it ever will be. The wound is when my parents got a divorce. I know it happens all the time but it was so hard. I was 4 years old and the only thing I could think of was who's house I was going to that night. After the divorce my mother wasn't around much and that was when I needed her the most. So I became the motherly figure to myself and my sister. The wound is not all caused by my mother however, my dad has just as much an equal part as her. He wasn't there for me, yes I saw him, but he wasn't there. At choir recitals I just decided to stop looking because I knew he wouldn't be there. It hurt me so much to see that everyone was there but the one person I wanted to be. I was in all the extra things so I could preform for him, hoping he would be there just once, and be pround of me. He wasn't. I just wanted him to pround of me so I did the best I could in school and other things hoping he would notice. I was always hoping and waiting for him to come and hug me and say, "You did good. I'm proud of you." Always waiting with arms open.

0 comments: